Tuesday 14 October 2008

5. How these works might inspire your own work (100 Words)

The idea for my experimental video is about the world and changes to the world around us. This might involve using media and the use of fast and slow motion to help me show this to the audience. I will also text and certain points to help the viewer through the video or create a lasting image.
I would say that the film Doll face might inspire my work because it’s way of showing us a view of the media and how it revolves around us. It’s concept of using a women and making herself better and better until she cannot make herself go any further is a good way of making a lasting impression on us.
But I also believe that the film Koyaanisqatsi would inspire my work because it uses fast and slow motion to make the viewer look at this work in a realistic light. For example looking at people walking really quickly (fast motion) may show us that the world is changing around us quicker than we know it to be and yet we manage to cope.
The last film that might help is telling lies and this is because it’s use of text. The entire film of telling lies which being based around voices and using text to show the audience truth could help as the way it’s used. The text doesn’t just appear on our screen it flows in some places with the voices and that creates a more visual image.

1 comment:

CSC MEDIA said...

Tell me about aspects of the films you might use. Slow motion etc?