Tuesday 14 October 2008

6. Audience, and audience interpretation of the work (200 Words)

No matter who or where you’re from many people will have different interpretations to the same video. This is because different people will view a subject in a different manner depending on when they were born and that people will have similar opinions but always the same.
For example the film 1001 nights was not to my liking and this was because I enjoy films with lots of video and CGI effects but yet some people do like it because of the truth and the concept behind it.
However a film like Doll face is something I would watch time and time again. My reason for this is because being a teenager from the modern era where technology is really advanced and to some point still advancing. I understand the concept and meaning behind the video. It is because the world circulates around the media and it affects the audience in a way that maybe someone from the 70’s might not understand, because they were not aware of such effects and what the media represented.
The film Koyaanisqatsi is from the 90’s and this is were technology started advancing and yet because it’s modern I can understand this. My opinion of the film is that because of the technology and science behind what we do the world changes with us and that technology will go so far before it can go no further. I liked this film because of the way that by using simple repetition you can create so much and effect so many.

No comments: