Monday 15 December 2008

Task 4

For my evaluation I will review all parts of my filming, what I could have done and what I have done.
First my idea was based around the concept of using the experimental as a way of showing people the effects of being blind. But I realised that this was not a good idea as someone in my group was doing the same idea. I then thought about other topics around the world today so I took the responsibility of using Global Warming for my topic. This idea had to based around the effects of what can and what has happened so I thought and planned how I would use people, transport and the environment in one idea.

Pre-Production

My first day of pre-production started with doing some storyboard production and this was how I would start and mould the beginning of the film.
My first thought was to have an eye at the beginning of the film (non-crying) and one eye at or near the end of the film (crying) to show the emotion that some people feel towards certain topics. Then I thought of using the idea of linking the environment and what people do so I used the rubbish on the streets and the filming of normal civilians to create a somewhat link.
The other use of humans was in their cars because no matter what you read or hear cars damage the environment and was someone I felt I needed to include in my film .
Most of the other pieces of paper I needed to write were based around health and safety.

Production/Filming

The filming I thought went alright. This was becasue most of the shots I wanted were actually available to film but there were set backs like the fact that the weather wasn't the best for some peices of filming and that I lost most of my filming between days of filming through the Mac laptop that I own.
Most of my filming was based on using long-shots and medium shots of my topical subjects like rubbish bags or motorway traffic. This is because you can see more of what I aimed to show the audience. Overall most of my filming was completed within a couple of days.

Post-Production

My post-production went very well but yet it wasn't easy. It started when my camera footage wasn't compatible with the apple computers so this ment using for part of my post-production the newer version of I-movie. After uploading my film to the computer i started looking through my footage and editing my movie into the order I wanted it to be in using my storyboard.
Once I had got all the necessary pieces of film and putting it in the right order I set about using the correct parts of video effects and how this would make my film more intresting, and from here and saving my work onto thawspace it was uploaded onto a dvd and was used in my exhibition.
After I had showed my video I handed out questionairre's I started to review what they wrote and here are some the examples. To the question 'Was there anything that you would change with the film' some people put that there was not enough congestion or anything to do with oil.
This means that it wasn't quite a good enough to make an impact on my audience.

No comments: