Wednesday 10 December 2008

2.2 Exhibition/installation plan

1)The video installation i am doing is on the environment and the video is based around the amount of people and cars. Becasue of this and by making some decision's over a number of places to show my film, I have decided that my house should be the place I will show it.
This is because just down the road from my house is a big carpark and a busy road so the effect of showing this in my house to the general public might make them see that we are overdoing our part on 'killing the environment'.

2)The layout of the plan will be that the film will be shown in a small room in my house where the room will be blacked out so they can only concentrate on my film and not on each other. They will have only a couple of chairs to sit on and that this will hopefully make them feel uncomfortable. This affect wouldn't work if you used a sofa as they would feel more comfy than if they used chairs. The TV will be up against the wall rather than be towards the centre of the wall so the TV seems smaller and so does the video. This is because not many people are worried about this topic so this might suit it well.

3) Some of the questions I will ask are:
- What did you think this film was about?
- What were your feelings towards the style in which the exhibit was laid out, and did this make you feel umcomfortable?

- Did this film make you think differently on how you view the crisis of the environment, if so please explain why?
- Was the video good quality or clear enough whilst viewing it, please explain your answer?

I want to get a detailed answer so i can recieve a clear overall explanation of the what people thought so when i go to write my evaluation i can recieve a hopeful wide range of answers.

No comments: